Monday, September 8, 2014

Turley Dogwood- First Leather Sheath Build

                                           I've had the great opportunity to own a Turley knife for almost a year now and was patiently waiting to have a custom sheath made for it. Now that I am in love with leather working, I figured why not just make my own. So here it is, my first sheath build for my Turley Dogwood bushcraft knife.



                          It's made from 8 oz veg tanned leather, dyed mahogany, treated with beeswax. I installed two scout straps for adding future accessories(ie, tool pouch,fire-steel holder, etc). It has been wet-formed around the knife and has a really snug fit.  It has solid brass hardware and will have a matching dangler attachment.

                                  I forgot to snap any pics early in the project...but here it is with the first coat of dye, punched, and ready for the welt to be glued in.

                                Test fitting the scout straps.

                               Ready for beeswax..
    Here is the finished product all waxed up. Now I just need to finish my dangler attachment.















No comments:

Post a Comment