Saturday, August 30, 2014

Forged Puukko With Birch And Leather Stacked Handle Project Part 2

Ok, so after a good while profiling on the grinder and a couple hours of hand sanding, I think I might be happy with the handle.  I applied some leather conditioner to the stacked leather and Tru-Oil to the birch. Once the conditioner was dry, I hit the leather with some Tru-Oil as well. I'll probably do a couple coating over the course of the next few days, letting it dry in-between. Overall I am happy with the look so far.

                                         I ended up adding a finger groove in the front for better grip.

                                          Here is the leather with one coat of conditioner.

                                        

                        Here she is with the Tru-Oil applied, very pleased with how it turned out! 









No comments:

Post a Comment